Coco Coir (pronunciation: /?k???/ - coyer) comes from coconuts! It is an inert medium, meaning that you have the freedom to decide exactly what goes into it. Grow Pharm strongly recommends using a Cal-Mag with your coco to avoid deficiencies and to stabilize your pH. We also recommend that you check your pH often when using this medium, as it tends to trend up as the substrate dries.
Grow Pharm Coco Coir is a high quality, low sodium growing medium is an environmentally friendly alternative to sphagnum peat moss and is exclusively distributed in Canada by MegaMass. When hydrated with water, bricks, and blocks rapidly expand which saves you time and effort. They can be exclusively used by themselves, blended together or mixed with expanded clay pellets, perlite or topsoil. The product will biodegrade, returning to the earth in three years.
Better still, you can run it through a chipper and amend your soil with it. Incredibly strong, it makes a better candidate for use with enzyme products that convert roots to biomass.
- Each 5kg brick makes between 60-70 litres of ready-to-use soilless media
- Optimum air to water ratio
- Increases nutrient retention and provides essential aeration
- Expands up to 5 times its packaged size
- Great for outdoor gardening
- 100% organic coir fiber
- Flushed of excess sodium
- Coco coir has a neutral pH range of 5.2–6.8
How to Prepare and Buffer Grow Pharm Premium Coco:
- Rehydrate Coco brick with tap water in a 70+ litre tub.
- Strain and rinse to remove small particles.
- Buffer: Soak the rehydrated coco in a cal-mag/tap water solution for eight hours. This solution should have an EC of 500 and a pH of <6.2.
- Optional: Add 20% - 50% perlite for drainage.